Best Locations for engagement sessions in the San Francisco Bay Area
"The San Francisco Bay Area area has some amazing locations for couples looking for the perfect setting for their engagement photos! There’s beautiful beaches, beautiful down town locations and a magical city hall. As a San Francisco Bay Area wedding photographer, I'm well-versed in great locations and I'm always on the lookout for new locations for engagement sessions! I have come up with the best locations in the area.
- Baker Beach is the most requested location from our couples. It provides a scenic background of the Golden Gate Bridge, and offers a big parking lot which is very important in San Francisco. The disadvantages of this beautiful locations is that it is a nude beach. It sometimes can be very packed so there will not be any intimate moments between you and your fiancé. There are also a lot of car break ins.
- Legion of Honor Museum is my favorite place to photograph engagement sessions. The Marble columns and the clean tile floor reminds me of being in Paris
- Rodeo Beach is a fantastic hidden gem for epic engagement locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. It is sheltered by cliffs and that helps block the wind.
- Big Sur is a must for our couples who don't mind traveling for a destination engagement session. Big Sur provides a dramatic coastline and so many great locations.
- Lands end and Sutra baths you will have trouble finding parking at this location because it is one of the best locations in San Francisco to watch the sun set.
- Cypress Tunnel Point Reyes is a iconic photo in itself, having your engagement photos taken at this location is a perfect spot for our intimate couples
- Yosemite National park is just a few hours away from the San Francisco Bay Area, but it is by far the best place to have your engagement photo taken if you are an adventure seeker. The beauty of the valley behind you while you are kissing your fiancé makes for a perfect location for an engagement session
What should you wear on your engagement session
Your outfit choice is a huge part in your final results. We have found that for women, dresses with flowy material always look best because it allows for the showcasing of motion. Tighter dresses do not photograph as well on most body types, and don’t allow for exhibition of motion in your photographs. Heels are a great choice for most locations, but make sure to bring comfortable shoes to walk in.
Coordinate your outfits so that the colors complement each other and your clothing suits your body type. This is very important in making sure you look your best in your photos! I highly recommend dressing up for engagement photos! An idea for a classic look is a dress or maxi for ladies, and a button-up t-shirt and jeans or dress pants for men.
What NOT to wear
Tight dresses, bright colors, pure white, shorts, jeans (sorry guys), sandals (except for beach sessions), tennis shoes, t-shirts, shirts that expose midriff, stripes, patterns, shirts without sleeves,
We are here to help with all of this! Please just reply to this e-mail with photos of your outfit ideas, and we will provide honest feedback. I promise that this will make a huge difference in the outcome of your photos.
Lastly, if you have a bit of a drive to your engagement session location, I recommend changing once you get there